Day 4 Lockdown (or is 5?) Corona Corona.

Days are blurring into each other marked by the rising of the sun (why the heck am I waking even earlier than when I travel to work - maybe I'm allergic), a cat that tramples me for food, kitchen cleans and worry that every cough, sniff and ache is Corona.
Awake to positive cheers about my diaries. V.pleased. Inwardly plan a TV show where I never need to leave my house and people laud my slovenly decline. Hosted by a stylish presenter whos fabulous and inane...she might be called Davina. Oh wait.
Things are starting to slip. I give the feline overlord breakfast in bed and she then burrows under the duvet like a train pushing through snow. That's the last I've seen of her. Must check bed for crumbs....
Seems all too easy to forget that we are in extraordinary circumstances. News today has been grim with deaths on the rise and cities mass emergency planning coming into realisation - a first in many lifetimes. In news, Boris has tested positive, makes a change from Brexit for him I suppose. How nobody saw this is beyond me. Reminded of comment to pal that in a crisis we all need to stop being a tit. Motto for life. Nosied around Health Secretary Matt Hancocks study - looks a bit untidy and small (start to ponder if these people all live in small terraces afterall) and begins to feel I can also run the country or my life) from a small untidy room. Feeling solidarity with Matt. Feeling vindicated about untidiness too - it's the small wins.
Daily exercise was pressure washing the patio furniture. Irony of being in a small yard isn't lost on me and weirdly enjoying the enforced opportunity to do housework. Feel super productive today. Eat toast for lunch in celebration.
The 5.30 wave sees a total of 4 of us hit the gardens to say hello in the biting cold. Every day one lady pops out who I've only seen briefly before. As much as I know this little interaction feeds my needs, I'm positive that it helps her too and it makes me want to do them more.
Early evening sees adventure in sight. The ASDA delivery has arrived. Like a weird twenty questions and Russian Roulette 'Why did I order 36 eggs' 'Did I order that?; 'Ah that hasn't arrived' (significant = loo roll and linguine). Bestie and I had combined a shop and now had to break social isolation rules to make the exchange. Subterfuge at it's best. Luckily, I had the foresight to reverse car up the drive and ask Neil from ASDA to pop the shop in the boot - feels like posh shopping but at ASDA. Or it looked like I was barricading the drive. The best part of the shop was the beer delivery - replaced with Corona and I can't help but feel someone was having a roight ol' laugh when they subbed that. Consider buying shares in Corona but feel it could be a slippery slope.
As the Little Lodger and I settle to a board game and a night of nail polishing catastrophe strikes. A spillage! Nail polish on the carpet (please don't read this Mum) and I find myself dashing about with urgency and spouting cleaning advice to make Dad proud. Like Father like daughter and sometimes in a crisis, that's exactly what we need to be. #stayinginin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 2 - Lockdown A wave a day....

Day 7 Lockdown. Holiday feels.

Day 3 Lockdown - Moment of Horror